* core2duo or athlon x2 with >=2.4ghz
* 1024mb ram
* geforce 7600/radeon x1600 or better with 256mb vram
- resolution: pick your favourite.
- aspect ratio:
* for fullscreen, pick one that matches your screen.
* for windowed, it should match your desktop resolution.
- multisampling: if you have a fast graphics card, go wild here.
- texture quality:
* normal: lower-than-default texture resolution+dxt compressed textures.
be sure to pick this if you have 512mb ram. (also speeds up loading time)
* high: default texture size, dxt compressed textures. recommended setting.
* ultra: default texture size, no texture compression. pick this if your
system is too fast and you want to burn fillrate and bandwidth for
a barely visible improvement.
- full screen: leave it on if possible :)
- wait for vsync: looks better with vsync on, but turn it off if you want.
- shadows: you can turn off realtime shadowcasting here. makes things faster
(especially with older graphics cards) but definitely looks worse.
- loop demo: turn it on and just don't touch escape, baby!
maybe for the final? :)
(tired, compos to organize, kthxbye! :)
at its heart this is still the werkkzeug3/kkrieger engine, except with a
new(*) lighting/material system. models and textures are still generated.
(though we don't use the sizeoptimized versions of everything, which made
our lives a lot easier). we also still use shadow volumes, which makes the
demo somewhat cpu-hungry, especially towards the end, since we have to
transform a lot of the animated models by hand. but we didn't want to change
the whole lighting pipeline in the middle of a project.
(*): it was actually used for some scenes in fr-048: precision, but (as you
can see from the fr-number) that was started a lot later than debris, so this
demo is atleast historically its first real user)
.werkkzeug3 texture edition soon to be available.
stay tuned and check the .theprodukkt website for details.